Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Trying to Explain to a Two and Three Year Old... Not Easy!

The morning after the ultrasound The girls and I were getting ready to go to preschool. Alexis spotted the ultrasound pictures on the fridge. She didn't say much, but I thought it a good time to discuss. I had tried a few times to open up conversation about them, mainly to Alexis, with not much luck. I remembered that just a few days earlier she had found Payton's baby book and saw two things that she questioned, a picture of my big belly and an ultrasound picture of Payton. I then decided to use that in trying to explain. I said "Remember how I said Mommy's belly got really big and then Payton came to live with us?" She said she remembered.



 I said "This is a picture of two tiny babies and Mommy's belly is going to get big, then they will come to stay with us." 



She said "Look Mommy your belly is already big!" I continued to explain how it had to get much bigger and referenced the big belly picture again. (Keep in mind Payton is listening this whole time too.) Alexis said "Okay, in a couple weeks were gonna have two babies. Mommy's belly is going to get bigger." The most progress we have made than in our previous discussions, yay! I also told her the genders, a baby brother and a baby sister. She stopped on the brother and said "My very own Michael!!!! Thanks Mommy!!" (She calls my aunts baby 'Michael', his name is Micah.) But coincidentally our little boy's middle name is going to be Michael, so she is in fact getting her own Michael. That was about the end of the conversation and Payton looks at me "Mommy I need more milk" and that was it out of her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment