Wednesday, March 19, 2014

32 Week Check Up

... And Ultrasound and Hospital Stay Update !! 

Saturday/Sunday/Monday- I had been having contractions since Saturday morning before my diaper shower. Braxton Hicks contractions most likely, but they were getting more frequent and more intense. 

Tuesday- Finally decided to call the doctor and went in to Labor and Delivery when Kevin got off work. They gave me an antibiotic at first thinking it would stop contractions. It didn't. So I had to be hooked up to IV and gave me a shot of a muscle relaxer. It calmed the contractions but never fully stopped them. But did make me quite sick for about an hour. Since they were still seeing activity, the next step was to give me a shot of steroids, to help the babies lungs in case we couldn't get the contractions to stop. 



Wednesday- I got about 30 mins of sleep all night, that was fun. Kevin was able to sleep (lucky him), even if I'm sure it wasn't the best night of sleep. The contractions definitely slowed. So we got to leave the hospital about 6am. I had contractions about 5 mins apart on the way home from the hospital but once home I probably only had five the rest of the day, which is good! Kevin put in for 8 weeks of paternity leave!! The girls are already getting used to him being home. And this was my first real day of bed rest. I can only get up to go to the bathroom. We went in to get my second round of steroids that night. Quick and pretty much painless visit to the hospital. They acted like the shot was going to be one of the worst pains going in, but it wasn't. And said I'd be sore at the sites...But so far I haven't, so that's a plus! We survived our first full day of Daddy taking care of us, or as he calls himself Mr. Mom!! 

Thursday- Got what could be our last ultrasound!! Sadly though you can hardly make out anything. As you can imagine two babies in a small space. We did however get to see poor Marshall with Lydia's bottom once again resting on his face! Both babies looked great! Marshall 4lbs. Lydia 3lbs 13oz. Belly is measuring 36 weeks. We then saw the doctor afterwards. He said everything looked great. Said I could change to modified bed rest. He said to just listen to my body and take it easy. This was good news to hear. Until of course after the doctor, I was so excited to be able to go into Kroger with Kevin and now I am completely wiped out! So obviously my body is telling me I need rest. But so happy to hear babies are measuring well. Now I just rest and try to keep them in as long as possible. :) 

1 comment: